How do I change my FTP password?
It is good practice to change your passwords regularly to prevent unauthorised access to your information.
To change your FTP password via konsoleH follow these steps:
- Browse to konsoleH and log in at Admin or Domain level
- Select Manage Services in the left-hand menu
- Domain level: Select FTP Users, OR
- Admin level: Select Configuration > FTP Users
- Select Edit
- You can change your default password by
- creating a strong password yourself
- letting konsoleH auto-generate one for you.
- Enter your new FTP password and ensure that it is a strong password
- Click Update
When changing your FTP Password, it is important that you update your FTP program.
Please note: Hetzner will only accept strong passwords. To ensure your password is strong make sure you adhere to the following guidelines:
- Use both upper and lower case letters.
- Incorporate numbers or punctuation marks.
- Use at least one special character: ! @ # $ % * ( ) — + = , < > : : “ ‘ .
- Ensure it is at least 11 characters long.
- Do not use your username, email address or domain names associated with your Hetzner account.
- Do not use your personal information, such as name, phone number, ID number, special dates, address or names of anyone you know.
- Use different passwords for you various hosting services.
- Use a word or phrase you can remember easily, but would be very difficult for anyone else to guess.